Description of Photo Description of Photo Description of Photo Description of Photo

Monday 19 March 2012

Review: I've Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella

Title: I've Got Your Number
Author: Sophie Kinsella
Release Date: February 16th 2012 
Publisher: Bantam
Series: Stand Alone
Pages: 381
Format: Hardback 
Rating: ★★★★★

"Poppy Wyatt has never felt luckier: She is about to marry her ideal man. But in one afternoon, everything begins to fall apart. Not only has she lost her engagement ring in a hotel fire drill, but in the panic that follows, her phone is stolen. As Poppy juggles wedding preparations and mysterious phone calls, she soon realizes that she is in for the biggest surprise of her life." Source Goodreads


Plot: Now I am a huge fan of Sophie Kinsella's writing and story telling skills, which normally means that my expectations for her new releases are very high. I never read reviews or watch anything that will influence my reading enjoyment, I always just go into her books blindly. Meaning that disappointment is always possible as it's already very high up on a pedestal before I even read the first page. Luckily Sophie Kinsella is yet to disappoint me, This book was incredible, and I'd safely say one of my favourites (though I should admit that all her books are my favourite... shhh!) 

I've got your number throws you right into the thick and panic of the story as you follow Poppy, recently engaged and very recently without her engagement ring. I think we've all felt that heart stopping feeling when we realised that we've lost a very important item, but what makes matters worse is that the said ring is a priceless antique formally owned by her fiances late grandmother. Yup, an even more heart in stomach, complete panic ridden situation. Poppy then gets her phone stolen, but a little luck is on her side as she finds an abandoned phone in a bin. And that's where the story begins. 

This book was addictive, hilarious and down right feel good. I adored the main character, her personality though very submissive was perfectly well rounded Poppy was the best friend you'd always wanted. There were so many times I laughed out loud whilst reading I've got your number, and there were even occasions where I myself blushed at Poppy's own embarrassment. 

Overall I loved this book. The writing was wonderful as per usual, and all characters were as loveable as the last (yes even those ones you love to hate.) The love interest was swoon worthy, and if I must admit I was slightly jealous of Poppy by the end. Perfect, perfect perfect is all I can say. I just can't wait to get it back on my bookshelf after lending it to my Mum, who is not giving it the appreciation that it's deserves (she hasn't even started it yet!)

Cover: I adore this cover. It has the typical illustrations that all Sophie Kinsella's books have, meaning that all the hardbacks actually match on my shelf, which is always a bonus. I love the colours, the images and that all the pieces of the story come together on the front cover. A very pretty cover, that I'm sure would attract my attention if I hadn't previously heard and longingly awaited the release.

Happy Reading!
Katie 

No comments:

Post a Comment